Huntingdon Valley Fire Company
Huntingdon Valley Fire Company, which was founded in 1911 and chartered in 1912, provides service to residents of Lower Moreland Township and surrounding communities. Its chief is Ron Herwig and its staff consists of 33 people in all. It's located across from the Huntingdon Valley Library, right before Red Lion Road dead-ends with Huntingdon Pike. The department's services are available 24 hours a day, but the building is sometimes unoccupied due to the fact that it is 100% volunteer staffed. Its equipment includes three engines, one tower and a rescue boat, along with three SUV trucks.
- Hours: Services available daily, 24 hrs. Community meetings: Mon, 7pm.
- Founding Date: 1911
- What makes this community special?: Dedication and respect to Lower Moreland residents makes the HVFC a special place to volunteer at.
- Services: Volunteer fire company providing fire suppression and rescue operations to Lower Moreland township.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Number of firefighters: 40
- Number of trucks: 5
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer