UPDATE: (Tues., 10 a.m.): The following businesses have announced the following:
- Yes to the Dress - closed
- HV Fire Company still responding to storm related calls.
- Valley Pain Center - closed
- HV Library - closed
UPDATE (3:40 p.m.):
- The Township has released the following update:
Township offices will be closed on Tuesday, October 30th. Only essential emergency management personnel will be available.
The Montgomery County Public Safety Department is staffing phones lines which residents can call for updated information about Hurricane Sandy. For questions about what is happening in our area, call 610-631-9700.
Republic Services has confirmed that there will be no trash and recycling pickup on Monday and Tuesday. There will be a double pick-up on Thursday and Friday this week for trash only. Recycling collection will resume on Monday and Tuesday next week (11/5 and 11/6).
- Lower Moreland has closed its schools on Monday and Tuesday.
- The Glencairn Museum will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Bryn Athyn College and the Academy of the New Church Secondary Schools are closed Monday and Tuedsay.
- The Huntingdon Valley Library will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. Storytime, Sit-N-Knit and Mah Jongg are all cancelled, as is the Artistic Heritage of Philadelphia lecture.
- The Huntingdon Valley Chiropractic Center will be closed on Monday. It will reopen Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the weather.
Is there a closing that's not listed? Let us know.
- - -
As residents prepare for Hurricane Sandy making its way up the East Coast, Patch will keep you updated on the latest store closing and event cancellations in the local area.
Likewise, if you're shutting down your business or postponing an event due to Hurricane Sandy, post a note including the closing and expected re-opening times or rain date, and we'll let your customers and participants know. You can send an email as well. email@example.com.